The Hygiene Bank is a registered charity which collects and re-distributes donated hygiene, beauty and personal care items to UK charities, voluntary organisations, public sector organisations such as schools and social services and social enterprises to be given for free to their beneficiaries to alleviate hygiene poverty and enhance well being.
We believe that all activities related to the operation of The Hygiene Bank should be conducted honestly, fairly and with integrity. This Code of Conduct sets out the policies that we expect all stakeholders to follow.This Code of Conduct governs our operational practices and Supporter Promise. All relationships entered into by The Hygiene Bank should comply with and be consistent with this Code of Conduct.
The Hygiene Bank has responsibilities to many individuals and organisations who are stakeholders in the activities of The Hygiene Bank. These stakeholders include donors, funders, charity partners, voluntary and community sector partners, other recipients of goods, service providers and other suppliers as well as trustees, employees and volunteers.
In order to ensure that The Hygiene Bank fulfills its responsibilities to all stakeholders, The Hygiene Bank adheres to the following policies:
- We will not enter into a relationship with any individual or organisation that we have any reason to believe may be involved in any unlawful or unethical business practices.
- We expect that all parties with whom we enter into an arrangement will only follow practices which comply fully with all applicable legislation, are transparent and are conducted with honesty and integrity.
- We expect all partner organisations and service providers to respect the human rights of all employees and provide a safe and healthy working environment and not to ask any volunteer or employee to do anything which is illegal.
- We expect all partner organisations to have in place clear policies to prevent any form of harassment or abuse and encourage an inclusive working environment to promote equality and diversity, ensuring that there is a clear and safe reporting structure in place and that all allegations will be properly investigated and actioned.
- We will not and we expect that our service providers will not seek to obtain any advantages by giving or accepting bribes or other inducements and will be fully compliant with all current legislation relating to bribery.
- All stakeholders are assessed to ensure that the values of The Hygiene Bank are upheld.
- All partners receiving donated goods through The Hygiene Bank are required to comply with specific policies and procedures in order to belong to The Hygiene Bank Network. These policies and procedures ensure that:
- Redistributed goods are only used in accordance with charities’ objects to be given for free to their beneficiaries.
- The intellectual property rights of donors are respected.
- The Hygiene Bank will ensure that any problems that occur in our service will be dealt with promptly to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
Version: August 2019